13 September 2012

#132: Little Caesars

Date Visited: 7 August 2012

Meal: Dinner

Diners: Me

Experience: Little Caesars is a national pizza chain, estimated to be the fourth largest in the U.S., according to Wikipedia. Leesburg’s first Little Caesars store was located in the current Vocelli’s location. It closed many years ago but a new one recently reopened in Prosperity Center. Since 2004 the Little Caesars chain has been pushing its Hot-N-Ready menu, which simply means pre-made pizzas you can order with no waiting. These pre-made pizzas, of course, may sit for a while in the warming racks before you buy one, so they’re not always quite so fresh.

On this visit, I was on my own for dinner, and ordered a large Pepperoni pizza and a side order of Buffalo chicken wings. I purposely ordered a Pepperoni from the Hot-N-Ready menu so I wouldn’t have to wait, but I guess something went wrong, and I had to wait anyway. They weren’t very busy, so I’m not sure what the problem was. The chicken wings are made by simply adding whatever sauce is ordered (like Buffalo for me) and put into an oven for a few minutes. Overall, pretty average and somewhat disappointing. I liked the old Little Caesars; they had the best Pepperoni & Bacon pizzas! Oh well. The only thing the new Little Caesars has going for it is the low prices - $5 for the pizza and $5 for the wings.

Little Caesars operates in a crowded Leesburg pizza market, which currently includes Giovanni’s, Manhattan Pizza, La Villa Roma, Pizza Hut, Pizza Hut Express, Pizza Hut WingStreet, Ledo Pizza, Andy’s, CiCi’s, Rocco's (was Joe's), Domino’s, Vocelli’s, Fire Works, Papa John’s, Juliano’s, and Sbarro (not yet reviewed). My current favorites are Juliano’s and Vocelli’s; you can probably skip Little Caesars.

Location: 703 E. Market St., Leesburg, VA, 20176, 571-918-0222

Web site: http://littlecaesars.com/

Total bill: $10.85

2 comments:

jacobmontereal said...

Oh that was awesome! Thank you for sharing.

Jacob of nuvali

Anonymous said...

I will never pass through the doors of this establishment again. Disgusting pizza and horrible service.