16 August 2009

#76: Pizza Hut

Date Visited: 26 July 2009

Meal: Dinner

Diners: 2 - Me & Wendy

Experience: Finally we come to Pizza Hut's "mother ship". I've already written about Pizza Hut Express (reviewed 9 November 2008) and Pizza Hut WingStreet (reviewed 26 June 2009), so now I'll finish with the original Pizza Hut in Leesburg. There's not that much to say; it's a national chain restaurant, and the quality is pretty consistent wherever you go. But I have to visit EVERY restaurant in Leesburg, so here we go...

I got an order of 10 Medium Buffalo Wings, bone-in style. They're not bad at all, in fact, I'm starting to really like them when I'm in the mood for wings. Wendy got a Medium Super Supreme, which is sort of our favorite kind of pizza anyway. It was all good.

The only thing that bugged me was that they were offering a $14.99 + $2.00 delivery online special for the combination that we ordered, but I really wanted to go pick it up instead of have it delivered (too often there are problems). I was frustrated to find that there was no way to choose pickup instead of delivery when ordering online. So I abandoned the online order and just called it in. I was surprised to find it was so much more without the special; I could have paid $9.00 less by going ahead with delivery and giving the same amount of tip. Oh well.

Pizza Hut - for when you want, um, pizza.

Location: 505A E. Market St., Leesburg, VA, 20176

Web site: http://pizzahut.com/

Total bill: $26.01 + $5.00 tip = $31.01

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

- This pizza hut remind me of the Walmart in Leesburg. Old and dirty. I am not expecting lot from places like Pizza Hut but I would like the place to feel clean and bright...which this one don't.