16 August 2009

#75: Tropical Smoothie Cafe

Date Visited: 26 July 2009

Meal: Lunch

Diners: 1 - Me

Experience: I was on my own for lunch on this Sunday afternoon, and tired from getting up early to play bass with our church's worship team. I was pretty hungry too. I had been meaning to give the Tropical Smoothie Cafe a try, so I went for it. It's one of the newer restaurants in Leesburg and shares a building with Tenderjacks (reviewed on 29 August 2008). It turns out that Tropical Smoothie Cafe is a national chain, and according to their web site (very Flash-y), they currently have 275 restaurants open and 80 more in development in 34 states.

On this visit i got a Buffalo Chicken Wrap ("Chicken Breast Strips, Romaine Lettuce, Diced Tomatoes, Low-Fat Mozzarella Cheese, Hot Buffalo Sauce & Light Ranch Dressing. Wrapped in a White Tortilla.") It was good but not great. Of course I had to try a smoothie, so I got a Blimey Limey ("Strawberries, Pineapples, Orange, & Lime"). It was very good; I could really appreciate and taste all the fresh fruit, freshly prepared. All this came as a combo, which included some chips (Nachos Doritos).

Tropical Smoothie Cafe's food is OK, but if you've got a hankerin' for a big fruity smoothie, give they're the place to go.

Location: 505A E. Market St., Leesburg, VA, 20176

Web site: http://tropicalsmoothiecafe.com/

Total bill: $10.84

UPDATED 29 August 2010: Corrected the comment about sharing a building with Pei Wei; Tropical Smoothies actually shares the building with Tenderjack's.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm starting to wonder if you actually go to these places...you stated that it's in the same building as Pei Wei. It's in the same building as Tenderjacks. What up?

J.A.W. said...

Anonymous:
I assure you that I really do visit all the restaurants I write about in person. I did make a mistake about who shares a building with who. I've made updates to all the affected posts. Thanks for catching this error, and thanks for your comments.