20 August 2008

#20: Roy Rogers (King St.)

Date Visited: 16 August 2008

Meal: Breakfast

Diners: 1 - Me

Experience: This is the "other" Roy Rogers restaurant in Leesburg, on King Street. I've already reviewed the first one, which is on Market Street. But I have to make this entry so that I can truly experience and document every restaurant in Leesburg.

There's not much different from the other Roy Rogers; I went there for the same breakfast I always order: the Sourdough Ham, Egg, and Cheese breakfast, upgraded to a large coffee. But this time they surprised me - it turns out you can get large size home fries with the meal, so I got that upgrade too! The people at the other store never make me that offer - hmm...

Here's another weird thing - they gave me the !0% senior discount! What, do I look like an old man?!?

I can't put my finger on it, but there is something different about these two restaurants, even though they belong to the same chain, and probably use all the same ingredients. To me, the food always seems better at the Market Street location; don't ask me why.

The other night we were at a Loudoun County High School Band event, and they served everyone fried chicken from Roy Rogers. It was not very good; Popeyes is still the best in my opinion. However, my recommendation for breakfast at Roy Rogers still stands.

Location: 451 S. King St., Leesburg, VA, 20175

Web site: http://royrogersrestaurants.com/

Total bill: $4.67

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've noticed that the "fixin's" at this Roy Rogers -- especially the tomatoes and onions -- seem fresher and better tasting than they do at the Market Street store.

I'm still trying to figure that out, since they're owned by the same company, and presumably, get ingredients from the same place.

Anonymous said...

I have been to the Roy Rogers in Ranson, And it its the worst Roy Rogers, the worst Resturant I have ever been to. There is nothing but young children that work there, they have no respect for their customers, the management doesnt address this problem, I have seen one person actusaual working when I was there it was a Man he looked like a manager but not quit like the others. It was like he was under them. All those girls did was text on their phones and chat umongst themselves. The food was dry and the fixings were old looking. For some reason everytime I go their in the evening they seem to be out of roast beef? Hmm thats is a weird?? Theyre not out they just didnt want to make me any! So the Roy Rogers in Leesburg Definatley is the best Ive been to!!!