20 August 2008

#21: Moe's Southwest Grill

Date Visited: 17 August 2008

Meal: Dinner

Diners: 4 - Me, Wendy, Alicia, & Andy

Experience: As mentioned on a previous post, on the spectrum of Mexican fast-food in Leesburg, I'd list Taco Bell, California Tortilla, and Moe's, in order of increasing goodness. Yes, Moe's is a nationwide chain too, but it's pretty good. Upon entering the restaurant, you're always greeted with a hearty "Welcome to Moe's!" from the crew.

Moe's is mainly about burritos, but they also have tacos, quesadillas, fajitas, nachos, and salads. All of the menu items have unique names: I had the Homewrecker burrito ("Choice of grilled meat, beans, rice, shredded cheese, pico de gallo, lettuce, sour cream and guacamole"), Wendy and Alicia had the John Coctostan quesadilla ("Choice of grilled meat, beans and shredded cheese with a side of pico de gallo and sour cream"), and Andy had the Triple Lindy burrito ("Choice of grilled meat, beans, rice, shredded cheese, pico de gallo and guacamole or sour cream"). In each case, the grilled meat choices are fajita steak, chicken, ground beef or tofu - TOFU?!? Nobody I know would call tofu a "meat choice". Everything about Moe's seems to be big - the burritos are enormous, and they make it right in front of you so you can ask for extras or leave things off, just the way you like it.

Anyway, we like Moe's a lot, and go there when we want to get full!

Location: 667 Potomac Station Dr., Leesburg, VA, 20176

Web site: http://moes.com/

Total bill: $38.97 + $6.00 tip * = $44.97

* Normally I don't leave a tip at fast-food restaurants, even though they cleverly have a place to add it on the credit card slip. However, Wendy apparently wasn't aware of my policy when she went to pick up our order.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Moe's...that place ROCKS!!! The Homewrecker is my favorite YUMMMM....

Anonymous said...

Hi, Jim! I see that you've linked to my little list of reviews at http://rigelkitty.livejournal.com/494028.html. Thanks, I'll try to keep it updated! I look forward to reading through your reviews to date.

- Brian

B Williams said...

I have to admit, I can't help but compare Moe's to Chipotle.... and Chipotle comes out WAY far ahead.

Anonymous said...

I agree with B Williams, if you like Moe's then chances are you will love Chipotle.

Anonymous said...

I Love Moe's, and our family Loves Moe's...definitely try the green tomatillo salsa, yum!!!
Unlike Chipotle, the chips and salsa are free! :)