19 April 2008

#2: Roy Rogers (Market St.)

Date Visited: 18 April 2008

Meal: Breakfast

Diners: 1 - Me

Experience: Roy Rogers is a fast food restaurant, with locations in nine east coast states, mostly in Maryland and Virginia. It is named after the famous "Happy Trails to You" singing cowboy, Roy Rogers himself.

Roy Rogers is primarily known for their chicken, but for me, the only reason to go there is for breakfast. The Sourdough Ham, Egg, and Cheese breakfast sandwich is great. You can make it even better by using the "Fixin's Bar" - I usually add onions and a few Jalapeno peppers. If you buy the combo meal, it comes with breakfast fries and coffee.

The funniest thing to me is that I go to Roy Rogers for this breakfast about once a week or so. I always order the same thing, but the price never seems to be the same! I've paid as low as $3.50 and as high as $4.32. I always "upgrade" to a large coffee, but you would think they'd know how to calculate the price difference the same way every time, but they don't. Sometimes they give me the senior discount (without me asking), though I'm still several years short of qualifying!

There are two Roy Rogers locations in Leesburg; this is the one on Market Street. I usually only go to this one because it's on the way to work. Some time I'll visit the other one.

Location: 540 East Market Street, Leesburg, VA 20176, 703-777-6322

Web site: http://royrogersrestaurants.com/

Total bill: $4.32 (this time!)

No comments: