24 July 2013

#142: Sbarro

Date Visited: 24 July 2013

Meal: Dinner

Diners: Me

Experience: Well, this was a case of taking one for the team. I’ve been putting off a visit to Sbarro because I could predict what the experience would be like. Today I did it, and my prediction came true. It was awful.

Sbarro is located in the Leesburg Corner Premium Outlets food court, along with Arthur Treacher’s, Nathan’s Famous, Starbucks, Burger King, and Balducci’s. Sbarro is mainly just a place to grab a quick slice of pizza during a shop-till-you-drop mission at the outlet mall. The pizzas are all pre-made and on display in a glass-protected warming area.

On this visit, I came kind of late (about 8 PM), surveyed the offerings, and selected the one that looked the least unappetizing. It turned out to be the Veggie pizza (red onions, mushrooms, green peppers, tomato, olives, and broccoli). Apparently the warming area doesn’t really keep them warm enough, because the guy had to put my slice back into the pizza oven for a couple of minutes. Even then, it wasn’t very hot. The crust was a little too crunchy and the experience was more like having a slice of leftover pizza warmed up in the microwave at home. Maybe I should have gone with the Pepperoni. On the plus side, the slices are huge.

I almost never write negative reviews, but this time I can’t avoid it. Maybe it wasn’t so good because I got there late, but I’m thinking it wouldn’t have been much different otherwise. If you want, give ‘em a try and see if you have better luck, but if it’s pizza you want, any other Leesburg option would be a better bet (search this site, too many to list here).

Location: 241 Fort Evans Rd. NE, Leesburg, VA, 20176, 703-779-2040

Web site: http://sbarro.com/

Total bill: $7.86

No comments: