18 October 2008

#26: IHOP

Date Visited: 20 September 2008

Meal: Breakfast

Diners: 2 - Me & Wendy

Experience: IHOP is an American icon, and like many people of my generation, I grew up going to IHOP for breakfast on Saturdays with my family. Of course, back then it was more commonly known by it's full name, the International House of Pancakes. I still experience that nostalgia when I take my own family there now.

On this visit, Wendy and I enjoyed a late breakfast by ourselves. I ordered what I always order, which is the Breakfast Sampler ("two eggs, two bacon strips, two pork sausage links, two ham strips, hash browns and two fluffy buttermilk pancakes"), plus copious amounts of coffee. One funny thing I found is that a search for the word "coffee" on their online menu yields no hits! Wendy had the Bacon Temptation Omelette special; all I remember from the tastes shared with me was that it indeed contained a lot of bacon.

There's no better iconic breakfast than at IHOP, and of course there are locations everywhere.

Location: 980 Edwards Ferry Road NE, Leesburg, VA, 20176-3317

Web site: http://ihop.com/

Total bill: $22.74 + $5.00 tip = $27.74

No comments: